Divers are invited to attend the Bangor ‘Olympic Torch’ Diving Festival to be held at Bangor Swimming Pool, Gwynedd, North Wales, May 26th – 27th 2012.
The festival has been organized in conjunction with Swim Wales to help celebrate the Olympic torch relay, which will be passing through Bangor on the Monday. The festival aims to attract divers from across the country to share in the spirit of the games. We would like you to help celebrate this Olympic year by joining us in Bangor for a fun packed weekend of diving.
The event is open to all levels of diver from beginner class level to competitive squad divers. The weekend will include an exciting variety of activities aimed at improving every element of your diving as well as meeting new diving friends and having a lot of fun.
The weekend’s activities will include:
- Trampolining classes
- Street Dance classes
- Gymnastics classes
- Strength and conditioning workshops
- Diving skill specific workshops – delivered by Elite diving Coach and U.S State champion diver Rosie Whiting
- Parent and volunteer workshops
- A competition style event to suit every diver level
- Certificate and a T-shirt for every participant
- All classes will be delivered by fully qualified professional instructors
Please note: All participants must be registered members of Swim Wales and be members of a Swim Wales affiliated diving Club.
The festival will run on Saturday and Sunday, the weekends training will cost £40 including an event T-shirt. Transport and event logistics will be arranged in house by your local diving club please see contact details below.
If you would like to attend the Bangor Diving Festival please return the slip in the Word or PDF file to Nick Pipe or the Pool Reception by Sat April 28th 2012.